Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chicken Salad lunch for 2x2

I want to add a little twist to my monday ( or my I try really hard post on monday) recipe postings. Once a month I am going to post THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH A STORE BOUGHT ROTISSERIE.I have an awesome friend Rav who has has taught me the wonders of a rotisserie chicken and how time saving it is to use one.

So here I present to you my Chicken Salad for 2x2

1 roasted rotisserie chicken
1/2 small white onion
2 stalks of celery
2 cups or red seedless grapes
1 cup of walnuts ( crush them up just a smidge)
1 tablespoon of Mayo
1 tablespoon of Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
2 tablespoon of Sour cream
2 tablespoons of greek seasoning
OR 1 package of prepackaged chicken salad seasoning
Medium-Large bowl

De-skin your chicken but do not throw this away this will be used in another meal I swear :) As you begin to take the meat off the bone shred it with clean hands or forks your choice. Discard your bones but place the fatty deposits aside with the skin.
Finely chop your celery stalks and onion,combine your seasoning, grapes, walnuts, and all wet ingredients to your chicken and start mixing well.

cover up and pop it in the fridge :)