Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Awesome Super Easy Rotini Bake

Left overs okay everyone groan now....arrrgghhh
Since changing our lifestyle from purchasing lunch everyday to pinching pennies we have gotten very creative with food and making it stretch either two dinners or dinner to lunch.

This is super simple super easy, and for two people it will last for dinner and then lunch the next day. And if I may say so for myself this warms up amazingly

Awesome Super Easy Rotini Bake

1 pound of ground turkey/beef (it doesn't matter)
16 oz package of rotini
1 small tub of ricotta
1 can/jar of pasta sauce (I find that 4 cheese any brand taste the best)
1 cup of mozzarella cheese

Since ricotta isnt a very salty cheese I like to take 2 teaspoons of salt and work it through the ricotta and then let it sit to get to room temperature while I prepare the rest of the food.

In a large skillet brown your meat as you normally would I am a salty kinda gal so I throw in salt to my meat while its cooking. Once nice and brown drain but dont rinse, you are now going to go back and in the same pan add your sauce and heat until nice and bubbly.

At the same time you should be cooking your noodles via directions on packaging, and of course drain them.

Now grab yourself a large mixing bowl and a glass baking dish (9X9 works fine) this part gets a little tedious but its worth it.

take 1/4 of the meat sauce 1/4 of the noodles 1/4 of the ricotta and combine this into a bowl and mix this well then transfer into the baking dish, repeat this 3 more times.

Once it is all transfered into the baking dish top with mozzarella.

pop into the oven at 300 for 20 mins!

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds yummy and I love me some pasta. i must try it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete