Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

lifes a beach

I went on a mini vacation to the beach with Hubby and another couple. With me I packed Candace Bushnells "The Summer and the City". I love Carrie Bradshaw. I envy ( in a very good way) the characters ability to speak so candidly on life.   I always want to be so open and uninhibited  I dont know why I get scared to do so. I mean I know why Its so weird. I am concerned with my brand development , with any impact that may be done to my family.

So this weekend I learned while exploring the Texas Coast line. There are two types of beaches on the coast line there is a softy sandy beach thats pure pleasure to walk on from shore to sea and and the waves are choppy but not knock you down. We found this beach last. Then there is a shelly beach where its literally broken shells as you are walking in the ocean and you are wished you had worn sneakers in the water.

I couldnt help but realize thats kinda life. we go to the beach to soul cleanse, but sometime you have to cleanse with some painful realizations before being able to enjoy the gentle things of life/

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your comment on my blog and I wanted to answer you here as well, in case you don't check back on my comments section. A bag sale is when rather than each item being priced, you fill up a bag and pay a set amount for that entire bag. So at my thrift store, they had brown paper bags, and if you came to the counter with a pile of clothing that qualified for the sale, they'd pack it into the bags, and you'd pay $4 for every bag filled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chick lit and yet I have never read a Candace Bushnell book. Isn't that sad?! I really need to put a few of her books on my list. :)

    A trip to the beach sounds delightful. I'm not sure if I'm going to get the chance to visit the shore this summer. Sigh. I do love Texas beaches. I love all Gulf beaches, actually. The water is warm and the sand is soft! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite their beauty, I dislike the beaches that hurt to walk on because of all the shells. I love being barefoot on the beach, it's just so free feeling.

    ReplyDelete